top of page

Food Ambassadors 22-23

Public·7 students

Lesson 4

October 18, 2022

We started our lesson with our guest speaker Jessica Levinson, a registered dietitian nutritionist. you can find the recorded zoom below (and please remind me to start recording on time.... I always forget!!)

We continued by baking pumpkin bread using a Long Island Cheese Pumpkin, which has a very interesting story of revival. This recipe has so many different flavors using brown butter (we learned how to to that), molasses, and some great spices. While the bread baked. we looked through some cookbooks that are arranged by season.

We also made some pie crust, which we will be using next week.

Finally, we shared the menus you submitted for Fall and Spring, and spoke about balancing flavors and incorporating different food groups (proteins, grains/starchy veggies, and vegetables). Every meal should have some greens, either fresh or cooked.

NEXT WEEK we will discuss APPLES. Please listen to this podcast, and post one new thing you've learned from it, on our discussion board.

We will have a guest speaker who is a farm educator, who will teach us all about growing apples. Please prepare one question for him.

Thanks!!

Shayna Berman
Shayna Berman
Oct 25, 2022

I learned that apple trees originated in Kazakhstan

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page