It was such a pleasure to meet you this week. I’m looking forward to getting to know you and taking this journey together.
Here's a short recap of our class, and some links to things you might want to explore independently:
3. And here’s the recipe for the Tomato Tart
As I said, I would love for each of you to take on an independent task, if you have the time, here are some ideas:
1. Design a logo for Grassroots Kitchen
2. Open and maintain an instagram account for Grassroots
3. Do research on an organization in your community to see if they would benefit from a kids or family cooking class (public library, farmers market, school, food pantry, homeless shelter).
1. Try to find or come up with a recipe for the 3 sisters: CORN, BEANS and SQUASH.
2. Also for next week, here are the videos I'd like for you to watch, before class: Michael Pollan (2 minutes) Food Miles and Our Spheres (9.5 minutes) I’ve also attached a few pages from Michael Pollan’s book The Omnivore’s Dilemma.
3. And lastly, I’m reminding you to bring one fruit/veggie from home - bags, boxes or labels included (but you don’t have to bring a whole bag/box full!). Please let me know if you have any questions.
I look forward to seeing you next week, Renana